Frustrated with trying to find that important piece of work in a tangle of files? Is your team now working from different locations and struggling to share work securely?
A lack of organisation when it comes to your business’s documents can be a nightmare and we’ve heard some horror stories - people leaving the organisation and IT wiping important documents from individual computers, never to be seen again.
Don’t despair we can help, here’s 5 ways document management system will benefit your business:
1. Time is money How many cumulative hours do you spend looking for documents? Do you find yourself wasting hours wading through old documents trying to find that one elusive piece? Time is money and without an organised system so much time is wasted unnecessarily trawling through documents. Save time and energy searching with a clear system ensures that you find what you are looking for instantly.
2. Compliant How long have those important documents been hanging around? By law you should periodically review the data you hold, and erase or anonymise it when you no longer need it. If you have documents languishing in folders that have been there for years but you don’t know what to do with them, we can help you to set-up an archiving system. You can keep personal data for longer if you are only keeping it for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes, but remember you must not keep personal data for longer than you need it.
3. Security Working remotely is now the norm - sharing documents across computers via email or Zoom/ Teams meetings can seem like the easiest way to do things - but it’s not the most secure, as often guest users have access to team files and documents. Whilst inviting guest users may be practical, do you take steps to remove them afterwards? If you are working remotely and collaboratively we can help to ensure that systems are in place to keep your documents safe and secure.
4. Process Team education and training is so important to ensuring that you don’t end up in the same disorganised place that you began. Providing a structured process and clearly communicating this to your team is so important to maintaining excellent document management.
5. Controls As with all SMEs there will be documents that you will want to share and ones that need to remain private whilst accessible to the relevant team members - set up controls that give permissions to the right members of your team so that you are adhering to confidentiality clauses. We can help you create a bespoke document management system that is compliant, secure and saves you time. We can also help you and your team establish processes and controls to keep the your new organisational system in check. Please contact us today to talk about how we can help your business thrive.